Pop singer Jason Derulo missed the World Cup opening ceremony in Russia on Thursday, June 14 due to travel problems.
American pop star Jason Derulo has missed the World Cup opening ceremony apparently due to travel problems.
Derulo was delayed en route to Moscow.
This forced organizers of the ceremony to remove his name, as one of the entertainers, from the ceremony’s official running order.
Jason derulo, 28, was supposed to be singing the tournament’s official song, Colours, in front of 80,000 at Moscow’s Luzhniki Stadium and a multi-million global Television audience.
Derulo had previously promised to sing his new song Colours at the ceremony and would use his visit to “try and find a girlfriend.”
“As a footballer, you get to date all the, hopefully, beautiful women. It’s one of the perks of the job, but I am sure they work hard.” Jason said on an interview with The Metro.
Jason has sold over 50 million singles globally and released FIFA’s official World Cup song on his YouTube channel earlier this year.
However, Jason appeared at Russia’s official welcoming of the trophy at Gorky Park in Moscow and said he would be back for the big kick-off.