Truth about the death of Moi University student revealed

Camillah Selina Mahelo, who was a Third Year student at Moi University, died from a respiratory-related complication last Friday, Eldoret East OCPD Anderson Furaha has confirmed.

A postmortem report, seen by Mr Furaha, reveals that some particles of Ms Mahelo’s vomit had blocked her respiratory system, consequently causing breathing complications which eventually led to her death.

Earlier reports by sections of the media had claimed that Ms Mahelo, 22, died after a cocaine overdose, while another speculation had it that the Bachelor of Business Management student succumbed to food poisoning – claims which have since been debunked.

It is true that Ms Mahelo had gone to visit her boyfriend, only identified as Ben, a student at the University of Eldoret, when she met her death.

Ms Mahelo, alongside her four friends had turned up for a party at Kimumu in Eldoret Town Friday evening, where they allegedly engaged in binge drinking before heading to Ben’s hostel room.

Later in the night, the Moi University student complained of being unwell, before vomiting. She was given water to drink but her condition only worsened.

Ben reportedly rushed Ms Mahelo to a nearby health facility, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

A post mortem report has shown that no traces of poisonous substances were found in the systems of her body; and neither was there a trace of cocaine in her system.

However, particles of the vomit have been taken to a government chemist for further examination.

Eldoret East police boss, Anderson Furaha, told EDAILY that students from the Eldoret University, who had been arrested in connection with Ms Mahelo’s death, have since been released from police custody following the postmortem report.

 

 

tagged in:


Categories: Uncategorized | Comments