‘The struggle I went through to save my life from the near-fatal grip of my wife’


A 36-year-old man is recuperating at the Bungoma County Referral Hospital after his wife allegedly cut a part of his manhood early Friday.

The suspect allegedly accused the victim of neglecting her and her family.

The victim, Stephen Oduor, narrated to EDAILY how the 5am incident happened.

“I was asleep, when my wife woke me up at 5am. She started to quarrel with me, saying I hadn’t talked to her since I returned home Thursday night. I told her: ‘I wasn’t ready to engage in a fight that morning’. She, thereafter, went to the living room and returned a few minutes later. She then embarked on pushing my head while saying: ‘Si naongea na wewe, nilikukosea nini?’ She then told me that she wanted to go to visit her parents, and that she wanted Ksh50 from me.

“I did not have cash with me, but I had money on mobile money service. I sent her Ksh250. She, thereafter, told me: ‘Najua chenye unafanya hii Bungoma yote’. She then said that I have refused to help her ailing dad. She then started pushing my head again. Mark you, I was carrying a baby at the time.

“She then said: ‘Nitakuskuma kichwa tena na tena! Ama, utanipiga?’ I told her: ‘Ukitaka nikupige, nitakupiga’.

“She, thereafter, said: ‘Nikupatie panga unikate?’ I told her: ‘Mimi sitaki nuksi’.

“I then wrapped a towel around my body and went to the living room.

“She followed me there, while still daring me. I chose to go back to the bedroom, but she still followed me there.

“All of a sudden, I felt her clutching my manhood so firmly. I put the baby on the bed. I tried to hold her hands, but she firmly squeezed my manhood. I, as a result, lost strength to move.

“I punched her head, forcing her to let go of me. She ran away. I followed her before she could exit the house. I was in my underwear at the time. I reached for a towel and wrapped it around my body.

“I, however, felt a sharp pain in my genitals. When I looked, I realised she had already cut a part of my scrotum.

“I told myself: ‘She has killed me’.”

Oduor called his friends on phone, and asked them to take him to hospital.

The victim’s confidants arrived at his house and rushed him to Bungoma County Referral Hospital.

Dr David Wanikina of the Bungoma hospital says Oduor is in a stable condition after a surgical operation was performed on him.

The whereabouts of the suspect remains unknown.

tagged in:

Categories: Uncategorized | Comments