Revealed: How Meru nurse was killed “after meeting Nairobi woman”


Job Omariba Nabuya was strangled to death, an autopsy report released by government pathologist Dr Waithera Njenga on Thursday, September 1 revealed.

Nabuya, a former nurse at Meru Mission Hospital, succumbed to shortage of oxygen. His body was thereafter dragged on ground to unknown destination for a considerable distance.

The body of the 28-year-old had physical injuries on the neck, arms and stomach when it was traced to a Machakos mortuary.

Nabuya’s body was collected by police from a thicket in Salama area along Nairobi-Mombasa highway a day after he went missing on August 21.

Police investigations showed Omariba was lured to Nairobi by a woman who promised to help him buy a car and grow his meat business in Meru.

Head of Special Crime Prevention Unit Noah Katumo said police traced the body at the mortuary after receiving information from the public.

Nabuya’s family assembled at Machakos Hospital morgue Thursday where they received the autopsy report of their loved one.

The late nurse’s body was later transferred to Hema Hospital Mortuary in Kisii County. Nabuya’s family has urged government to fasten probe into the mysterious abduction and killing of the 28-year old carrier nurse and a father of one.

“Our only plea to the  government is to get to the bottom of this matter because it is clear that all key suspects directly linked to the heinous crime have since been arrested,” said Julius Omariba, father of the deceased.

A family member privy to the incident said Nabuya left his residence in Meru for Nairobi on August 21 where he was to meet a friend who had offered to assist him purchase a car.

“He called his wife Lucy on the same day at around 5pm to say he had arrived safely in Nairobi, and that is the last day he spoke to family,” said Nabuya’s father.

A family source told press that investigators believe a lady identified only as Purity was the first person Nabuya met on his arrival in Nairobi.

Police handling the case say Omariba was spotted along Moi Avenue as he boarded a taxi while in the company of three men on August 21.

Nabuya’s mobile phone reportedly went off until the following day on August 22 when his body was discovered in Salama along Mombasa Road and taken to Machakos Hospital mortuary.

Some KSh20,000 was withdrawn from his Equity Bank account on August 23, a day after his body was found; and a further KSh13,500 withdrawn on the following day, August 24 at 1.40 am, according to Nabuya’s elder brother.

Three police officers and a taxi driver have been arrested by the police in connection with the abduction and murder of Nabuya. The officers are based at Riruta and Kabete police stations. They were arrested because they were the last people to speak with Nabuya.

Police investigators were given ten days to hold the four as the probe goes on.

Report by Enock Muswii.




tagged in:

Categories: Uncategorized | Comments