Police officer, female recruit left for dead after night attack while headed to hotel room after partying

police van

A police officer is nursing serious injuries at the Rift Valley Provincial General Hospital after he was attacked by a criminal masquerading as a boda boda operator within Nakuru town.

The officer, Oliver Wekesa Wafula, 27, is said to have been together with his colleague (a recruit) Ann Naliaka Waraba, 27, during the Saturday night attack.

According to police report, the incident was reported by a Nakuru town resident on Sunday at 5.50am. The local had found the two abandoned at Kware area in Kaptembwo estate.

The report notes that officers from Kaptembwo police station, where the incident was reported, rushed to the scene of crime and found the two lying unconscious.

The officers established that Wafula and Waraba had left Kiganjo Police College on Saturday at 2pm; and were headed to Bungoma County, believed to be their ancestral home.

While traveling to Bungoma from Nyeri, the two are said to have stopped at Nakuru town at 6.30pm to spend Saturday night.

They booked a room located on Gusii Street within Nakuru town, before proceeding for dinner in one of the prominent clubs on Kenyatta Avenue within the town.

After enjoying their meals and the night life of the cosmopolitan town, the two are said to have boarded a motorcycle back to the hotel they had booked themselves into.

However, while heading to the hotel, the boda boda operator is said to have driven them to the sprawling Kaptembwo slums, where he beat them up and stole from them before abandoning them at Kware area.

While at the scene, the operator is said to have stabbed Wafula on his left shoulder with a sharp object and robbed him of KSh7, 000 and a mobile phone, Itel model.

The boda boda operator is reported to have further taken away personal documents belonging to the new recruit before escaping from the scene of crime, leaving Wafula for dead.

Waraba, on the other hand, is said to have escaped unhurt in the night attack.

Collins Kipngetich, a local who was among the witnesses who rushed to the scene, said the incident was reported at 3am.

According to Collins Kipngetich, a local who was among the witnesses that rushed to the scene, the female officer cried for help, attracting locals at the scene, who found the male officer lying in a pool of blood inside a quarry. He was dressed in a vest that was soiled with blood.

He said the locals later informed officers, who took the victim to hospital for urgent medical care.

Nakuru Level Five Hospital Medical Superintendent, Dr Joseph Mburu confirmed admission of the officer, whom he said was in a stable condition.

Dr Mburu said Wafula was admitted with severe injuries on his face and his head and was bleeding profusely.

The bleeding has since been stopped.

tagged in:

Categories: Uncategorized | Comments