A man and his wife from Kilulu Village in Lugari, Kakamega County are recuperating at the Lumakanda Hospital after they were doused in acid while asleep Wednesday night.
According to Peter Odanga and his wife, Pauline Odanga, the person who doused them in acid remains unknown.
Pauline claims the assailant disconnected a security light near their home before returning to commit the act.
“The attacker opened our bedroom window and doused us in acid at midnight. He had earlier, at around 8pm, disconnected a security light near our home. He returned, for the second time, at 9pm, but we managed to repulse him by raising an alarm. He escaped to a nearby plantation. He, however, succeeded in his third attack attempt,” said Pauline.
The victim further narrates that the aggressor doused them in acid through their bedroom window.
“At first, I thought it was water being poured on us, only to feel a burning sensation. We screamed for help, and neighbours swiftly responded,” said Pauline.
The distressed woman, who sustained injuries to her cheek and neck, revealed her husband, Peter, sustained serious burns in his eyes and face.
“He cannot see properly,” she said.
Pauline claims, prior to the attack, she and Peter had received threat messages on phone.
Police have launched investigations into the incident.
EDITORIAL POLICY: Permission to use quotation from this article is granted subject to full credit of source being given by referencing the direct link of the article on edaily.co.ke