MP’s posh house burns in mysterious fire


The house of Mbalambala Member of Parliament Abdikadir Aden caught fire on Monday, May 23rd night under mystifying circumstances.

Kilimani area Police Boss Peter Kattam confirmed the incident.

“We got reports at around 8:15 PM on Monday that there was fire at Kirichwa Heights Apartments. We rushed to the scene and started putting out the fire. Unfortunately, the flames were very intense such that by the time we subdued it, two floors had been extensively damaged,” Mr Kattam told eDaily.

“We are waiting for house owners to confirm the absolute value of property burnt, though we suspect property worth hundreds of thousands was razed,” he said, adding: “I wish to confirm that nobody was burnt.”

“I would like to advice people who use electric appliances, especially during this cold and rainy season not to leave them on when they leave their houses.”

The OCPD says he suspects that the fire was caused by an electric fault.

“Investigations are still on and we are working with the fire department from the city inspectorate and officers from Kilimani Police Station to ascertain the real cause of the Monday night fire.”

tagged in:

Categories: Uncategorized | Comments