A middle-aged man from Mombasa, who sent social media users into panic last Friday over his suicidal Facebook post, says he has triumphed over the suicidal ideation.
Speaking to EDAILY one week since his post went viral, Otieno J. Benson says he has a “positive” outlook on life now.
“I am thinking positively right now, people shouldn’t be worried anymore. Though, my wife and children haven’t returned home. I am trying to reach out to my wife. She, however, has her reservations on our reunion. Nonetheless, I hope she comes back to me,” Otieno told EDAILY on phone.
He did not reveal the family problems he was going through.
On November 16, Otieno took to Facebook to write a disturbing post, saying he had resorted to suicide over unresolved domestic wrangles.
Otieno claimed his friends abandoned him, while a section of his kinsmen took sides during attempts to resolve the family dispute.
He wrote in part: “To those I will offend, know that the devil in form of a human being has attacked my marriage. I have tried to confront it, but my efforts were in vain.”
Otieno further said he had already set aside money for his funeral.
“Details will be found, where my body will be – somewhere in Kenya”, he said in the post.
Otieno stated he wished he’d die with his two children.
His post attracted thousands of comments and hundreds of shares, with Facebook users imploring on him to rescind his decision.
In a subsequent post, he said he was back home safe and sound.
EDITORIAL POLICY: Permission to use quotation from this article is granted subject to full credit of source being given by referencing the direct link of the article on edaily.co.ke