Last Saturday, the daughter of Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, tied the knot with the love of her life Jamil Abubakar in a billionaire-studded wedding, which saw Bill Gates attending.
Until his marriage to Fatima Dangote, little was known about Jamil Abubakar.
Well, eDaily dug out information about Jamil and this is all you need to know about him:
- He is a pilot by profession, working for IRS Airlines in Nigeria.
- He is the son of former Nigeria’s Inspector General of Police Mohammed Abubakar.
- He survived a plane crash in Niger in May, 2014.
- He is well-known in the entertainment circles; his friends include Davido, Ice Prince, M.I, Phyno, Wizkid, Wande Coal, 2-Face Idibia, D-Banj, P-Square, K-Cee, among others.
- Jamil is known for his flashy lifestyle; he owns a fleet of expensive luxury cars including Bugatti, Range Rover, Audi among other luxury brands.
- Jamil attended a military school with D-Banj.
- He dreams of owning a personal jet.
- He says he does not revere wealth. He told Yes International magazine in a previous interview: “Every man has a different path in life. That is the truth! That is why I will keep praying to God; God give me wealth that will be useful to myself and my people.”
- He is monogamous. He told Yes International magazine in a past interview: “I am a one-wife person. So, I don’t want to marry and divorce. I want to marry for the right reason. I don’t want to marry because every other person is getting married or I feel I am getting old or my family is saying you must marry, you must marry, because in my family we respect everybody’s decision.”
- He runs his father’s businesses on the side.