Popular American hip hop rapper, Lil Wayne, is currently recovering from a third scary seizure in four weeks – but the cause of his recent wave of health scares remains unclear.
According to reports, the 33-year-old artiste suffers from epilepsy and his latest trip to the hospital came after doctors prescribed him the wrong medication, a source told TMZ.
Sources privy to the rapper revealed that last month, Lil Wayne- who has a history of using drug cocktail called lean – reportedly downed the toxic concoction just hours before suffering a pair of seizures.
The lollipop hit-maker was scheduled to hit the stage at the Tao nightclub in Las Vegas on July 6th when he was suddenly struck with the seizure, according to TMZ. He was subsequently forced to cancel the performance and hospitalised.
Lil Wayne, however, responded through his social media page that he is doing good.
False Alarm! I appreciate da prayers and konsern but I'm good!!! Luv!!!!
— Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) July 12, 2016
Lil Wayne’s representative later said the seizures were the result of failing to take his epilepsy medication. They, however, refuted to respond when asked if the rapper had ingested lean as most of his fans alleged.