cad_crazy-world_detail_top_right_add
METHANOL

KCSE candidate dies after ‘consuming methanol’, another loses eyesight

A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidate in Elgeyo Marakwet has died after he allegedly consumed methanol.

Reports indicate that the deadly chemical may have been stolen from a laboratory in Barsumbat Secondary School, where the student studies.

Another student is said to have lost his eyesight after consuming the same substance.

Sub-County Director of Education in the region, Evans Onyancha, confirmed the incident and revealed that the second victim was a Form Three student.

He, however, dismissed claims that the students were affected after drinking methanol.

According to him, they had gone on a chang’aa (illicit brew) drinking spree outside the school.

For eDaily updates
Join @edailykenya Telegram channel


EDITORIAL POLICY: Permission to use quotation from this article is granted subject to full credit of source being given by referencing the direct link of the article on edaily.co.ke

must read


Related Articles

Videos /Vera Sidika tries her han...
Videos /Size 8 returns with ̵...
Videos /Major Lazer member teams ...
Videos /Watch Malong Jr. brag abo...
Videos /Celina: I am now waiting ...