Nominations for the 2018 Groove Awards are officially open.
In a process that will see a break from its usual tradition of involving the public only in the voting phase, Groove now says fans will have the opportunity to directly nominate their favourite songs and artists between May 24 and May 31, 2018.
“Both the nomination process and award categories have been refreshed to give greater ownership and participation to music fans across the country,” reads a statement sent to the press on Thursday.
“The 2018 awards categories have been revamped to take into consideration industry research and insights, better reflect the changing landscape of the local Gospel industry as well as take cognisance of global music trends.”
According to the statement, a full list of nominees will be made available on June 6, 2018, at the Groove Nomination Night.
Voting will be open to the public until midnight on June 23, 2018, “and will be followed by the high profile red carpet 13th Annual Groove Awards gala on June 24, 2018.”
Groove further states that fans will be able to participate in the nominations via their official website; www.grooveawards.co.ke
Below are the categories of the 2018 Groove Awards;
- Artist of the Year
- Teens Choice Song of the Year
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- Hip-Hop Song of the Year
- Reggae/Ragga Song of the Year
- Praise & Worship Song of the Year
- Collabo of the Year
- Music Video of the Year
- Dance Style/Song
- Media Personality
- HypeMan / MC of the Year
- Breakthrough DJ /VJ of the Year
- Eastern Counties Song of the Year:
- Western Counties Song of the Year:
- Rift Counties Song of the Year:
- Nyanza Counties Song of the Year:
- Central Counties Song of the Year:
- Coastal Counties Song of the Year: