cad_crazy-world_detail_top_right_add
Muthomi-Njuki

Governor Muthomi Njuki scraps beauty contest, says money to be used for ‘useful things’

Tharaka Nithi Governor Muthomi Njuki has stood his ground on his earlier decision not to support a youth beauty contest event in the county.

Speaking at Makomango on Wednesday, Governor Njuki said the funds would be directed towards other development projects touching on the common mwananchisuch as water, roads, and health.

The county boss further stated that his office would look for other projects to help the youth instead of “wasting funds on a few individuals.”

The governor was late last month embroiled in a tiff with the Members of County Assembly (MCAs) after he turned down proposals for the beauty pageant.

The MCAs accused the county chief of sidelining the youth, a claim he rubbished saying they (MCAs) were only interested in allowances they stood to earn from the event.

“I have important things to do with public funds and not financing people to catwalk in miniskirts as you watch,” Governor Njuki is quoted to have retorted.

For eDaily updates
Join @edailykenya Telegram channel


EDITORIAL POLICY: Permission to use quotation from this article is granted subject to full credit of source being given by referencing the direct link of the article on edaily.co.ke

must read


Related Articles

Videos /Major Lazer member teams ...
Videos /Watch Malong Jr. brag abo...
Videos /Celina: I am now waiting ...
Videos /Fena Gitu features Njugus...
Videos /Khaligraph Jones returns ...