Juventus football star Cristiano Ronaldo has hit 200 million followers on Instagram; making him the first person ever to hit that milestone.
The Portugal skipper was previously reported to earn about $1 million (Ksh.100 million) per paid advertisement on her Instagram page.
The footballer, often mentioned among the best in the world at the moment, is now arguably the most popular person on the photo-sharing app; coming ahead of American songstress Ariana Grande by about 27 million followers.
At third place is Hollywood actor Dwayne Johnson with 170 million followers, followed by singer Selena Gomez – who in 2018 held the top spot – at 167 million.
The top ten most followed persons on Instagram are now:
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 200 million
- Ariana Grande – 173 million
- Dwayne Johnson – 170 million
- Selena Gomez – 167 million
- Kylie Jenner – 159 million
- Kim Kardashian – 158 million
- Lionel Messi – 141 million
- Beyonce – 139 million
- Neymar – 132 million
- Justin Bieber – 126 million