A Nairobi court has now temporarily barred former NRG Radio presenters Andrew Kibe and Kamene Goro from taking up their new employment at Radio Africa’s Kiss FM or any other station.
The directive was given pending hearing and determination of a case filed by NRG Radio at the Employment and Labour Relations Court.
A source previously told eDaily that NRG Radio dragged the former breakfast show hosts to court over a breach of their non-compete and for leaving without serving the correct notice period.
“They woke up one day and told management that they were leaving,” said the source. “They informed the company of their leaving on a Tuesday and left three days later. Their notice was supposed to be one month.”
The lawsuit is bound to get ugly and more behind the scenes stories will be exposed when the proceedings begin.
“The non-compete details that the two would have spent sometime off-air to give the station some time to reorganise their strategy and look for replacements,” the source added.
Kibe and Kamene were set to formally begin working at Kiss FM on Monday July 1, 2019.