Nyeri Governor Mutahi Kahiga has nominated Caroline Wanjiru Karugu to fill the position of deputy governor which has been vacant since November last year.
The Nyeri deputy governor’s position fell vacant after Mr. Kahiga took over as Nyeri governor following the death of former Governor Dr. Wahome Gakuru.
But little is known about the Nyeri Governor’s choice for deputy.
Here are some few facts about her;
- Ms. Karugu is currently 40 years old.
- She is an Independent Non -Executive Director at the Geothermal Development Company where she also chairs the Board Technical Committee.
- Karugu has over 12 years experience in regional capital markets and financial services.
- She holds a Bachelor’s degree from Daystar University and a global executive MBA from USIU. She is also an alumnus of the Frankfurt School of Finance and Management in Germany and University of Leiceste.
- She is a candidate for a Doctor of Business Administration Degree in Finance at USIU-A in collaboration with the Columbia Business School in New York.
- She has worked with Britam and is currently the Managing Director of Jabali Microserve Limited.