Award-winning Singer Esther Akoth popularly known as Akothee in showbiz circles has canceled her wedding slated for November 5, 2016, saying her fiancé won’t control her.
“I come first. A man doesn’t give me conditions,” she told NTV’s The Trend host Larry Madowo on Friday, November 4.
Akothee explained that her man didn’t want her to go for the recently held Afrimma Awards in the US, where the ‘Give It To Me’ hit-maker bagged an award the Best Female Artist in East Africa.
“He told me to choose – and I chose music. Besides November 5 is Luo festival, and I can’t miss Luo festival. Let’s see what happens,” Akothee said.
Nonetheless, she maintains she would like to get married – if she has time –saying she is a very open-minded person.
“And I don’t move into a man’s house. If we get married, he has to move into my house,” she firmly stated.
Akothee had earlier in July taken the industry by storm when a video of her marrying her supposed Swiss boyfriend in South Africa surfaced online only to turn out it was a video shoot for her new song.
Akothee divulged that her fiance met her when she was already wealthy.
She defended the man’s age, saying he is not as elderly as quotas claim, adding she was satisfied with what she is getting from the man.
Almost vexed she questioned why people are ‘taking painkillers’ for her own headache – referring to sections glued on finding fault in her lifestyle and choice for a husband.
“I don’t settle for less. I choose what I want and a man has to fit into my plans, I don’t fit in men’s plans,” she said.