There is a saying in French that goes ‘the style is the man’. Or something like that.
For eons, the modern man’s most guilty pleasure has been throwing wads of cash on luxury timepieces.
And for a good reason since they say you cannot really put a price on luxury and style.
These watches are wallet-demolishing, they stand out, and they are are a regal reserve for the moneyed folk.
Check out the watches your favourite celebrities flash for the gram:
2. Rapper Drake flaunting his KSh 4.3 million Classic Rolex Day-Date II embellished in 18 karat yellow gold, baguette diamonds and a champagne dial.
3. American Rapper Meek Mill wearing a Richard Mille RM 11-03 Automatic Flyback Chronograph in Titanium and 18K Rose Gold. It features sapphire-blasted and hand-drawn surfaces with interior flanges in carbon fiber and spline screws in grade 5 titanium for the bridges and the case. It goes for KSh 22.5 million.
4. American Actor Brad Pitt wearing a classic Rolex Day-Date II president 41 mm Black numbers on Black dial decked in 18K Rose gold . It is priced at KSh 3.7 million
5. Croatian striker Mario Madzukic celebrating Croatia’s first World Cup Final While wearing an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore in Full Rose Gold, and signing a cops helmet. The timepiece is valued at KSh 2.9 million.
6. American Rapper Travis Scott wearing a rare Patek Phillipe World Time 5131G-001 in 18K white gold, a silvered dial with polychrome cloisonné enamel center that depicts the world map of Europe, Asia, Africa & Oceania. It is priced at KSh 13 million.
7. Footballer Christiano Ronaldo wearing a Rolex GMT Master-II valued at KSh 50 million.
8. Footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic rocking a KSh 2.3 million Rolex Yacht-Master in Everose gold
9. UFC fighter Connor McGregor spotted wearing the very ’subtle’ Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Chrono Diamond Pave watch valued at KSh 16 million.
10. American tennis player Serena William wearing an Audemars Pigueyt Millenary in 18 karat rose gold, set with 116 diamonds and featuring a Mother of Pearl dial. The watch is valued at KSh 2.8 million.
11. American comedian and actor Kelvin Hart sporting a rare Vintage Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 6263. It is fitted with a rare Jubilee bacelet (not the political party ha!ha!) and goes for KSh 20 million
12. Best youngest player of the Fifa World Cup Kylian Mbappe wearing an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph 44 mm in titanium and ceramic bezel with grey dial which is priced at KSh 3 million.
13. British Singer and Songwriter Ed Sheeran plays Game-Boy wearing one of the most talked-about watch, the Richard Mille RM 27-03 Tourbillon in Ultra-lightweight Quartz TPT. It is a Limited edition of 50 Pieces in the world and sold for KSh 75 million
14. American Actor and watch collector Mark Wahlberg wears a rare Factory Patek Phillipe Nautilus in 18K White Gold 5719/10G-010.
Its case C is made with 100 diamonds and 32 baguette diamonds. The Bracelet 803 diamonds and 150 baguette diamonds totalling 1, 343 diamonds weight 18 karats.
The Dial is fully set with 255 diamonds and 3 baguette diamonds while the hour markers are set in 18K gold dial plate.
15. American comedian and television host Ellen Lee DeGeneres wearing a rare Patek Philippe 5271P Grand Complication in Platinum with bezel and lugs set with 58 baguette diamonds and fold-over claps set with 22 baguette diamonds. It’s priced at KSh 4.2 million.
16. American Rapper and Businessman Shawn Carter a.k.a. Jay-Z wearing the rare Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40 in Platinum with an Ice Blue Arabic Dial. The watch will set your bank account a cool KSh 7 million back.
17. Actor Jackie Chan wearing a Richard Mille RM 053 Tourbillon “Pablo Mac Donough” in Titaniu. It is one of a limited edition of 15 pieces in the world and costs around KSh 64 million
18. American reality television personality and socialite Kim Kardashian wearing a rare Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Quantieme Perpetual Calendar Skeleton in 18K Rose Gold. Its priced at KSh 12 million
Which watch tickled your fancy?
EDITORIAL POLICY: Permission to use quotation from this article is granted subject to full credit of source being given by referencing the direct link of the article on edaily.co.ke